Materials Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Gsk Belgium Cork
Gsk Belgium Cork urgently required following position for Materials Scientist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Materials Scientist Jobs Vacancy in Gsk Belgium Cork Jobs Details:
The purpose of this role is to provide materials science services on business prioritised projects. The role covers a diverse range of services including technical leadership, expert consultation on pharmaceutical materials science/particle sciences, provision of physical properties analysis of a diverse range of materials using sophisticated solid state analytical techniques, including interpretation and reporting to the customer
Due to the varied nature of the materials assessed and issues encountered flexible thinking is required to ensure correct strategy is adopted and is adapted when unexpected outcomes are observed.
You ensure your work contributes to the goals of the business and use your judgment to influence decisions about where to spend time and resources. You are inspired by GSK’s vision and purpose, you will support the existing Materials Science team objectives for strategic improvement initiatives and contribute accordingly.
Enable & Drive Change
This is a key behaviour for this position to support significant change activity programmes and troubleshooting in the wider business; you set and regularly update, clear ASMART objectives and work with your manager to keep your performance on track. You deliver quality work, on time and to budget by planning ahead and focussing your effort. You continually improve and simplify what you do.
In conjunction with enabling change this behaviour is key as the successful candidate will be liaising with a wide group of customers across the business; you find the best solutions for the business by working with people both inside and outside the organisation. You work collaboratively with others and develop effective relationships to minimise silo-working.
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
Scientific communication and report writing is critical, the candidate is required to liaise with customers regularly and out-brief customers using presentation and/or formal report formats in addition to excellent scientific record keeping.
Scope of Responsibility
- Provides materials science support to GMS sites, other Shared Services and Centre’s of Excellences, for business critical projects related to security of supply, site critical projects, new business, major cost of goods reduction programs etc
- Provides physical properties measurement data, including interpretation and reporting, on APIs, excipients, drug product intermediates, devices and finished goods from across the global GSK business
- Provides leadership and/or expert input and measurement data into the Material Risk Assessment (MRA) process for material change programmes
- Provides materials science support for transfers of primary (API) and secondary (DP) manufacturing process into/out of GMS (manufacturing) sites
- Leverage and sharing of external materials science knowledge across GMS
- May make recommendations to customers regarding operation, selection or design of processing equipment
- May be required to assists the Materials Science Lead in maintaining the skills and competencies required in a specific area of materials science across GMS sites, including definition, maintenance and revision of the competency framework
- May be responsible for the procurement, qualification, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment
Impact of role on business objectives
- These roles span increasing responsibilities and accountabilities in support of technical projects in the GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply Technical Shared Service.
All roles require the job holders to deliver materials science projects within a laboratory environment, and all grades are accountable for the successful delivery of the technical aspects of the projects they are working on.
The materials scientist role will report to the materials science lead who is accountable for the overall prioritisation and technical accountability for projects within the team. The materials scientist will be accountable for the successful delivery of a number of projects, or business processes, at any point in time. The accountability includes scoping, data generation and interpretation of the work program and reporting this to the customer.
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Responsibilities
Scope of Responsibilities
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with site SOP’s, GSK EHS standards and guidelines and relevant legal requirements
- Read and understand Standard Operation Procedures and policies applicable to role
- Report all accidents, incidents and any EHS issues using the appropriate process /system to your line manager or, if required, the Occupational Health Advisor
- Maintain work area in an inspection ready state and clean as you go to maintain good safe housekeeping standards
- Be aware of the impact of your job activities on EHS issues
Quality Responsibilities/Scope of Responsibilities
- Perform duties in a compliant manner and behave in accordance with GSK Quality Management System (QMS) requirements
- Participate fully in site quality initiatives and ensure that all relevant quality standards are adhered to
- Maintain GMP standards where appropriate to your role
- Read and understand relevant Standard Operating Procedures and Global Quality Policies applicable to your role
- Management Policies relevant to your role
- Attend training and complete assessments as required
Problem Solving & Innovation
- Describe the level of problem solving that the role requires and provide examples of why
MSc level or equivalent qualification, in a scientific discipline related to pharmaceutical materials science.
PhD level or equivalent in a scientific discipline related to pharmaceutical materials science.
Demonstrated experience and expertise in powder/particle characterisation techniques such as particle sizing (laser diffraction, sieving, image analysis), microscopy (scanning electron and light microscopy etc), solid state analysis (X-ray powder diffractometry, spectroscopy), gravimetric moisture sorption techniques, specific surface area analysis using gas adsorption, thermal analysis (DSC, TGA), bulk powder properties (powder flow testing, bulk density) etc.
Excellent laboratory skills with the proven ability to design, run and interpret laboratory work programs.
Technical knowledge across the following key areas of materials science:
Consumer Health & Pharmaceutical materials and their functionality in typical consumer health products, transformation of material properties through manufacturing processes & material characterisation.
This is 12 month fixed term contract
On job description
On job description
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.