Careers Guidance Counsellor Jobs Vacancy in Frs Recruitment Waterford
Frs Recruitment Waterford urgently required following position for Careers Guidance Counsellor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Careers Guidance Counsellor Jobs Vacancy in Frs Recruitment Waterford Jobs Details:
***APPLICATIONS TO BE RECIEVED NO LATER THAN 9AM TUESDAY 20TH MARCH***
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To work with clients at various stages in their careers. You will help clients determine career options and job vacancies that are relevant to their qualifications and experience. To produce career development plans to enhance our client's career prospects and provide practical guidance about the desired attributes and qualifications required for those seeking entry to different professions.
As a careers counsellor you'll provide information, advice and guidance to assist service users make realistic choices about their education, training and employment prospects. You'll deal with a range of people giving help and advice which will include identifying options for suitable careers, advising on how to write a good CV and covering letter, assisting with the application process and helping to locate relevant training courses and further full or part time education options.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Use aptitude and achievement assessments, to help clients evaluate their interests, skills, and abilities
- Evaluate clients' background, education, and training, to help them develop realistic and achievable goals
- Guide clients through decisions making about their careers, such as choosing a new profession and the type of further education to pursue
- Assist clients acquire job searching skills across a wide ranch of channels
- Assist clients in identifying and applying for vacancies
- Advise clients on practical issues in the workplace
- Help clients select and apply for educational programs, to obtain the necessary degrees, credentials and skills
- Provide Employment skills training either individually or in small groups to job seekers.
- Work with employers to develop internship programmers, graduate specific careers paths or trainee opportunities
- Liaise with employers and other stakeholders to organise careers fairs and information events.
- Primary degree and an Institute of Guidance Counsellors approved Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree in Guidance and Counselling
Resources, Training and Development.
- Over two years relevant experience is necessary
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with external clients
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills together with the ability to deliver presentations to a high standard
- Strong IT and Social Media skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a target driven environment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Own vehicle and a full clean driving licence.
- Experience of working in a Higher Education environment
- Previous experience in design and implementation of Career Development Programmes
Flexibility to be based out of the following offices is offered however own transport and travel is essential:
Key ContactBarry Cobb
0860467552 Barry is a Senior Recruitment professional with over 13 years’ experience recruiting for Corporate, High Volume, Commercial and Technical staff on a permanent and temporary basis. Graduating in 2000 with a BSc in Business Studies he joined a specialist recruitment agency in London for four years…