Research Support Officer Administration Jobs Vacancy in University College Cork Cork
University College Cork Cork urgently required following position for Research Support Officer Administration. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Support Officer Administration Jobs Vacancy in University College Cork Cork Jobs Details:
The Food Institute UCC is a new, collaborative research and learning institute recently set up in order to combine all disciplines across the Food spectrum within the University into a single contact point for stakeholders, internal and external. This single Institute will provide access to world experts and the most current research whilst streamlining branding, industry engagement and alumni engagement. It will be a voice and identity for UCC’s wide-ranging Food research, which has a longstanding reputation of excellence. The range of outputs from work at the Food Institute UCC will include new knowledge production, development of new technologies, critically evaluating and inputting to national and international policy, capacity-building and training the new generation of postgraduate researchers to engage with and inform public debate on key food issues. The Food Institute UCC is looking for a part-time (60%) Research Support Officer – Admin/Finance to support the existing operational team, particularly for projects funded by the Department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine (DAFM). Reporting to the Food Institute Director, the person will work as part of The Food Institute’s operations team, supporting financial administration and management, and will monitor and report on upcoming research calls and grant opportunities.
Post duration: 18 months
Salary: €44,000 p.a. (pro rata 0.6 FTE)
Provision of high level administrative support in a complex research environment consisting of many interdisciplinary programme grants and multiple Principal Investigators is often associated with research expertise in the relevant research area.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To support the Director or Head of the Research area to achieve the agreed strategic and administrative goals of the research area.
- To provide an effective administrative framework to support the ongoing development of the research project/area.
- To advise the Director/Head of the Research area of appropriate administrative structures and procedures to give effect to agreed and approved policies. To be responsible for the development and implementation of positive and appropriate administrative work practices.
- To implement agreed policy and procedures including administration, personnel, and resources for the overall development of the research project/area.
- To manage the secretarial/administrative functions as required.
- To allocate, delegate and supervise work of the administrative staff, as is appropriate, ensuring its effective operation.
- To assist with the installation of new Research Support computer system.
- To provide specific technical inputs to the research agenda such as literature review, data analysis and preparing reports. Writing and contributing to research reports, policy briefs and other documents.
- To support activities of the research project as required, such as assisting in workshops, producing written outputs, in conjunction with the Director/Head of the Research area.
- To present research results internally and externally at conferences, meetings, including preparing presentations.
- To disseminate research results through web pages, media conferences etc.
- To represent the research project/area at events, meetings and networking.
- To administer financial and budgetary functions, including purchasing and cost controls in consumables, equipments and part-time pay, in conjunction with the Director/Head of the Research area.
- To support researchers in the preparation of project proposals.
- Review and monitor the financial of all research grants and the overall research area.
- To propose strategic or operational priorities and to advise on achieving the effective and value-for-money allocation of budgets and resources.
- To ensure proper use of resources, compliance and integrity of systems in accordance with University policies, procedures and standards and in agreement with the Director/Head of the Research area.
- To have a strong working knowledge of financial guidelines for the major funding agencies such as DAFM, SFI, HRB, EU, and other funding programmes when required
- To assist the Director/Head of the Research area with logistical planning of human, physical and financial requirements for the research project.
- To identify opportunities for external relationships and collaboration.
- To contribute to the development of the strong external links to business and industry.
- To contribute to the promotion and marketing of the research area.
- To produce, when required, appropriate promotional and marketing literature.
- To assist with the preparation of recruitment advertisements and job particulars for posts within the research area
- To assist with managing the administrative workloads to support the research project/area.
- To liaise with HR as required regarding on research staff personal details and/or terms and conditions of employments for research staff contracts.
- A graduate qualification in a field or discipline relevant to the area of investigation i.e. BSc, MSc or PhD.
- Proven experience of providing high level administrative support to a research project or in a research area.
- Demonstrable achievements in delivering results on a research project or in a research area.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders from a range of disciplines.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising and balancing multiple competing demands
- Experience in financial management and reporting
- Confidentiality & discretion is an integral part of the position
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong IT, report writing and organizational skills.
- High level of initiative
- Please note that Garda vetting and international police clearance check may form part of the selection process.
Name: Sharon Murray
Title: Finance Analyst, The Food Institute UCC
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 021 490 3138