Director Jobs Vacancy in Queen University Belfast
Queen University Belfast urgently required following position for Director. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Director Jobs Vacancy in Queen University Belfast Jobs Details:
Applications are invited for the post of Director of the Institute of Professional Legal Studies tenable from the earliest date as may be arranged. The Institute was established in 1977 at the Queen’s University of Belfast and offers an internationally recognised and unique one year post-graduate course for trainee barristers and trainee solicitors. The programme comprises training in a vocational law school and supervised in-practice training.
The principal function of the post is to lead the successful delivery of the Institute’s academic programmes and the maintenance of its professional standards and to manage its financial and human resources. The Director is responsible to the Council of Legal Education (NI) for the effective and efficient academic, administrative and financial management of the Institute. In addition, the Director is required to develop the Institute’s and University’s relationship with the Law Society of Northern Ireland, the Bar Council of Northern Ireland and the Inn of Court of Northern Ireland.
Applicants must have a primary honours degree or equivalent, a professional qualification in law, e.g. barrister, solicitor (or equivalent in another jurisdiction) and significant experience of teaching in law or legal practice in a third level institution or other legal vocational establishment. They must also demonstrate a substantial record of achievement in leadership and management in a third level Institution, legal vocational training establishment or legal professional services and provide evidence of successful budget and human resource management. Further information relating to the institute will be made available to candidates who are short-listed prior to interview.
The successful candidate must have:
- Primary honours degree with a degree classification of at least 2:1 honours or equivalent;
- Professional qualification in Law e.g. barrister, solicitor (or equivalent in another jurisdiction);
- Where an applicant has been in practice, a clean disciplinary record and compliance with the CPD requirements of the Applicant's Professional Body in respect of any period of practice;
- An established record of successful teaching of law or legal practice in a third level institution, other legal vocational establishment or legal professional services;
- A substantial record of achievement in leadership and management in a third level Institution, legal vocational training establishment or legal professional services;
- Evidence of successful management of resources, including human resources and budget.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor David Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. For full job details and essential/desirable criteria please refer to the candidate information link by clicking apply.
You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria on your application form. For further information or assistance contact The Resourcing Team, People and Culture, Queen’s University Belfast, BT7 1NN. Telephone (028) 9097 3044 or email on email@example.com
Anticipated interview date:
- Tuesday, 11 June 2019
- The salary will be negotiable within the Professorial Salary Range, commensurate with the responsibilities of the post and the qualifications, experience and current salary of the successful applicant.
Job Ref: 19/107480
Closing date for applications is 28 May 2019.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons. However, as people with disabilities and females are currently under-represented in this particular category of work, it would particularly welcome applications from these groups.