Credit Underwriter Year Fixed Term Contract Jobs Vacancy in Finance Ireland Dublin
Finance Ireland Dublin urgently required following position for Credit Underwriter Year Fixed Term Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Credit Underwriter Year Fixed Term Contract Jobs Vacancy in Finance Ireland Dublin Jobs Details:
Finance Ireland Ltd is a privately-owned financial services Group. We have businesses that specialise in Commercial Mortgages, Motor Finance, Asset Finance & Leasing, Residential Mortgages and Agri Finance. We were established in 2002 and have two large strategic shareholders, global investment management firm PIMCO and the Ireland Strategic Investment Fund (ISIF).
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Underwriter to Join the Residential Mortgage Team.
The purpose of the Credit Underwriter is to conduct credit analysis and support the underwriting of mortgages in accordance with Finance Ireland’s criteria and policies ensure that risk and credit worthiness is assessed in accordance with Finance Ireland credit policy and delivered within required time frames whilst providing exemplary customer service.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, review and analyse the credit worthiness and risk implication of lending applications ensuring adherence to Finance Ireland policy and process measures always.
- Complete financial analysis narrative and make informed lending decisions.
- Assess credit reports, proof of income, bank statements, statement of affairs and any other supporting documentation at the borrower level.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data supporting applications as per agreed policy and criteria.
- Ensure the availability and accessibility of all necessary documentation.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Ensure Delegated Credit Authority is exercised.
- For applications above the delegated underwriting authority make recommendations and present to management.
- Proactively monitor credit policy and performance on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with Finance Ireland’s internal Compliance team to ensure that all policies and procedures are in line with current regulation.
- Control the quality of the business approved by ensuring policy and process measures are adhered to.
- Ensure operational and regulatory compliance throughout the process.
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders to promote credit policy whilst maximising new opportunities.
- Provision of exemplary levels of service to both internal and external customers.
- Ongoing strong communication and turnaround times associated with business processing.
- Flexible yet commercially sound underwriting in line with Finance Ireland guidelines.
- Degree in Business/Finance or equivalent.
- Desirable QFA but must be an Approved Product Advisor (APA).
- Previous credit underwriting experience.
- Experience of and ability to work in a fast paced and high energy environment.
- Credit Assessment - Ability to understand and appropriately utilise systems and processes for credit and operational risk assessment
- Legal and Compliance – Ability to understand and utilise legislative requirements to meet regulatory obligations of the organization.
- Risk - Ability to assess and mitigate risk for the benefit of the organisation.
- IT Knowledge - Ability to understand and utilise technology to achieve required position outcomes.
- Accuracy and Quality - Ability to deliver good quality and accurate work
- Analytical Thinking - Ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Customer Service and Commercial Awareness – The drive to understand, agree and satisfy customer requirements (internal & external) and deliver a high-quality service to them. Also, an awareness of the commercial impact of what you do.
- Delivery - Understanding that ‘delivery’ is paramount to business success and is committed to performing task and achieving results
- Judgment / Decision Making - Ability to make sound decisions based on business needs.
- Taking Responsibility – Have a willingness to take necessary actions and decisions to meet objectives.
- Team Working - The ability and desire to work co–operatively with others on a team.
- Time Management - The ability to make the most effective use of time available.