Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Calor Dublin
Calor Dublin urgently required following position for Operations Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Manager Jobs Vacancy in Calor Dublin Jobs Details:
The job holder will oversee the daily operations at the terminal and satellite sites, covering shipping, product storage, maintenance, engineering and administration activities. He/she will be responsible for the line management of the Calor team and oversight of contractors, with a special focus on health and safety compliance across the sites.
Day to day work location may vary as needed due to satellite site responsibilities for Sligo and Claremorris, and engagement with the wider Calor Operations organization (Whitegate, Tivoli and Belfast).
This is a responsible and varied role which would suit someone who wishes to make a strong impact and progress in their career with the Company.
- Site manager responsibilities for the COMAH upper tier Tolka Quay and lower tier Sligo and Claremorris sites.
- Pro-actively manage and takes responsibility for Health & Safety issues and ensure legal compliance for activities under direct control (shipping, storage, security, on-site vehicle movements, maintenance, engineering, emergency response, administration etc) and influence other teams (eg Bulk Distribution, Vehicle Maintenance, Administration) through chairing site/area safety committees.
- Overseeing day-to-day challenges including process control deviations, breakdown/corrective maintenance, planning preventative maintenance and adverse weather conditions that may require prioritised resolution to maintain sites integrity.
- Liaison with Supply Manager on inbound LPG/LNG suppliers and co-ordination of all ship discharge related activities.
- Completion of new, and maintenance of existing risk assessments where deemed necessary.
- Representation of Calor with the Port of Dublin, commercial neighbours, external state agencies (fire service, AGS etc) and local community as required to enhance company’s reputation.
- Manage staffing levels to ensure effective resource management, especially through peak and lull seasonal periods, including training, holidays, absenteeism.
- Selection of staff and judgements on suitability. Acting to avoid personnel and trade union raised conflicts and resolve them when they occur to ensure a productive, co-operative work atmosphere is maintained and promoted.
- Holding regular one to one’s and periodic reviews to set goals and develop the teams to meet their individual, team and company goals.
- Attend external industry recognised seminars and conferences relevant to role to ensure we remain compliant with any changes in legislation that is appropriate to the business and to enhance personal development.
- Design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiency in sites performance.
- Management of, and participation in, delivery area on-call rota including availability to attend out of hour incidents.
- Creating a site to be proud of, demonstrated by a high performing team with a positive safety and customer service culture.
- Mentoring, developing and training your direct and indirect team to improve efficiencies and maintain compliance to standards.
- Lead Emergency Response Team, ensuring preparedness maintained at all times.
- Support all audit inspections required (internal & external) taking ownership for prioritization of actions required and driving through resolution.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of operational performance, identifying opportunities for positive change and managing avoidable risks.
- BEng (or equivalent) qualification, preferably in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant operational/engineering experience, which will include experience of budgets, project management, direct/indirect line management etc
- Sound experience of the principles of effective operations management, covering aspects of production, maintenance and engineering, within an LPG/LNG environment.
- Practical understanding of safety case/reports, process safety concepts, incident investigation techniques, permit to work systems, risk assessment requirements and development of work instructions.
- Proven people management experience in a unionised environment.
- Results-orientation with a desire for continuous improvement, particularly in safety through visible felt leadership.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan and execute complex engineering projects of various sizes through engineering and organisational management of change processes, supported by Competent Authorities.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using IT systems, especially Navision and Pemac.
- Strategic thinking.
- LEAN 6 Sigma Green Belt useful.
- Project management qualification useful.
- NEBOSH Certificate is a strong advantage.
Calor is a leading supplier and distributor of LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) in Ireland. With over 80 years’ experience in the gas business, we pride ourselves on our unmatched expertise in the safe supply of butane and propane to our customers. We design and implement bulk and cylinder energy solutions for residential, industrial and commercial customers who want to enjoy everything that this exceptional energy source has to offer, but aren’t on the natural gas pipeline.
As the leading distributor of LPG on the island of Ireland, Calor can also offer the reassuring security of a fuel supply; 25% of our LPG is sourced from the Whitegate Refinery in Co. Cork, with the remainder sourced within Europe. The company employs over 280 employees across eight sites in Ireland and a further 200 indirectly. Calor is wholly owned by SHV Energy, the largest dedicated global LPG distributor in the market, providing thousands of business and homes across the island of Ireland with their energy needs. SHV Energy operates in 27 countries and supplies LPG to tens of millions of customers worldwide.
Apart from competitive remuneration, we offer private health insurance, pension, subsidized canteen, free parking, free company events, training opportunities.