Research Manager Security Response Jobs Vacancy in Tenable Dublin
Tenable Dublin urgently required following position for Research Manager Security Response. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Research Manager Security Response Jobs Vacancy in Tenable Dublin Jobs Details:
Tenable is looking for a Research Manager to head our Security Response and Investigations research team. You will manage a highly focused team of Security Response Managers working on researching vulnerabilities, threats and campaigns with the objective of championing coverage in our products and externalizing the research via blogs, whitepapers, conference presentations, media interviews and coverage, etc. The role will involve active collaboration with peers in the NA, EMEA and APJ regions for various initiatives.
- Expertly tracks vulnerabilities, threats, and cybersecurity risks and manages processes & dependencies around detecting such events
- Hands-on technical day-to-day leadership of the team in terms of prioritizing, reviewing and championing detection initiatives and other research projects
- Ability to influence stakeholders throughout the organization including the Intelligence & Publications, Marketing & PR teams
- Be the voice of Tenable Research externally
- Responsible for driving completion of all Security Response process activities, such as, but not limited to: notifying PR, ensuring the right teams have coverage, ensuring the blog/community/PR are armed with the information they need, and completing the postmortem
- Responsible for driving and enhancing the Security Response processes
- Mentors talented research engineers on the team and helps recruit enthusiastic, innovative researchers to grow the team
- Collaborates closely with other research teams, program management and various parts of the Tenable Product organization on different projects
- Handles day-to-day management tasks such as performance reviews, employee time off, HR Coordination, IT resource management, etc.
- Is an active member of the local tech community by means of coordinating, hosting or participating in tech events and meetups to grow the Tenable Research brand
- Keeps team accountable & is accountable for the team and all its members
- Enhances the culture
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of experience in security research as an individual contributor. 2+ years of Management experience or team lead experience preferred
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Extensive prior experience writing blogs, whitepapers, technical content, etc.
- Prior experience working with international and remote teams
- Ability to collaborate and drive efforts from teams across multiple organizations
- Keep abreast with advancements and developments in the security industry and perform original research to keep our customers secure
- Adaptable and able to shift priorities among initiatives, as needed
- Prior experience leading and performing open-ended security research when given high-level requirements and details of the desired outcome.
- Must possess the ability to solve problems logically, research options, and focus on meaningful data to draw the right conclusions under pressure
- Familiar with Python or other similar scripting languages and able to do code reviews for quality and accuracy
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience; M.S. preferred
- Experience in vulnerability or malware analysis is a distinct advantage
- Experience with Tenable products is a distinct advantage
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in incident handling and response and a general interest in the area of internet security
We’re committed to promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) at Tenable - through all equal employment opportunity laws and regulations at the international, federal, state and local levels.